Our Guiding Spirit

Maria Agnes English Medium Convent School functions under the management of sisters, belonging, to the religious congregation of “Pious Workers of St. Joseph”. The school is named after the founders of the congregation, the late Mother Maria Agnes, born on 20th April, 1879 in Firenze, Italy and passed into glory on 27th February, 1965. She had a great love for children and constantly strives for their welfare. The constitution framed by her beckons the members to involve themselves in charitable activities particularly in regard to education and training of children and to serve the helpless and the sick. She was a highly accomplished woman of strong faith.